[2002] Nuspirit Helsinki [Nuspirit Helsinki] ''FLAC''

Nuspirit Helsinki


Nuspirit Helsinki is a collection of Finnish musicans, producers and DJ's, spearheaded by Tuomas Kallio and Hannu Nieminen. I've been a fan of theirs ever since I heard "Seis por Ocho" on an old Brazilectro album. Then when I found the album stateside quite some time ago, I had to take a chance and pick it up.

How to describe their sound? They go in and out of styles - sometimes they'll have some pretty smooth soul as is the case of the opening track "Honest" or the third track, "Trying". "Trying" stands out a bit as it features Lisa Shaw on vocals - she's put out some good smooth house 12" with Naked Music. "Subzero" is another good song that shows what happens with the collection of musical talents and producers. You've got nu-jazz and electronica beautifully melded together. And that's only the first three songs. When you hear "Seis Por Ocho", you're taken to a pretty live and festive sounding track that's got an amazing level of... cool energy. Other tracks I liked were "Circular", Montana Roja and "Skydive". Meanwhile "Orson" is a stand-out that sort of tricks you in the beginning before pulling you in. Good stuff.

I recommend this. I've enjoyed it and it fits in perfectly in the collection. I guess the natural recommendation if you like this is to check out works by fellow Scandinavians "Koop"; if you like this you'll definitley like Koop's "Waltz for Koop". In fact you may like works by Jazzanova and other Compost artists like Beanfield, Kyoto Jazz Massive or Rainer Truby too. At any rate, it's an album I enjoyed.

Genre : Acid Jazz.
Quality : FLAC



3 comments:

  1. Los últimos días salía como música de fondo al entrar al blog y me gustó.
    Muchas gracias por subir música tan genial
    Saludos

    ReplyDelete